it’s that time of year when we start layering our clothes for a little extra warmth. but we want to do it in ways that are fun and cute, not bulky. and it can be easy if you follow these three simple steps: 1. start with a fitted lightweight top. 2. add a thin cardigan, sweater, or button up. 3. and finally add a jacket or vest. here are some helpful tips to also keep in mind when layering…
tips for layering
- keep the under-layers more fitted to keep your shape looking slim
- incorporate a mix of materials/textures to keep your layering from looking too heavy
- the longer the garment, the farther it should be under the layer
- the thicker the garment, the closer it should be to the top layer
- be creative and have fun with it!