halloween is just a few days away and what better way to warm yourself up after an evening of trick or treating than with a warm bowl of chili. and to stay in the halloween spirit make it pumpkin chili with a kick!
slow cooker spicy pumpkin chili
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2-3 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 red and yellow bell pepper,chopped
- pinch of salt and pepper
- sour cream and cheddar cheese, to garnish
in a large skillet brown ground turkey.
drain and then add to a slow cooker.
add remaining ingredients and mix well.
cook on high for 4 hours.
garnish with sour cream and shredded cheese and enjoy!