this soup is perfect for the cold weather we have been having. it’s either been cloudy and cold or rainy and cold. blaaa! it warmed me up on the inside and outside with its yummy goodness. this soup was really easy to make too…chop up some ingredients, throw them in a pot and wait.
olive garden chicken and potato florentine soup
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 14.5 oz cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tbs and 2 tsp dried minced onion
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 4 med carrots (i left out because i don’t like carrots in my soup)
- 6 red potatoes, unpeeled and diced
- 2 cups water
- 15 oz can white beans, drained
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
to a large saucepan, add chicken breasts, chicken broth, 2 teaspoons italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon dried minced onion, 1 teaspoon paprika, salt, pepper, diced tomatoes, carrots, potatoes and water.
cook over medium heat until the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are tender.
remove chicken breasts, shred and add back to the pot.
add the beans and cook on low for 30 minutes.
add the fresh chopped spinach and cook for 5 more minutes.
add the remaining 1 teaspoon italian seasoning, 2 teaspoons dried minced onion and 1 teaspoon paprika.
stir in the cream cheese until completely combined.
finally add the shredded mozzarella and stir until combined.
serve with oyster crackers or your favorite bread.