i found hot dog number three for national hot dog month on the food network. the barbecue bean chili dog. chili to a hot dog is what jelly is to peanut butter…the perfect match.
barbecue bean chili dog
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons chili seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- small onion, chopped
- all-beef hot dogs
- hot dog buns
in a large saucepan over medium heat, stir together the barbecue sauce, kidney beans, black beans, chili seasoning, brown sugar and mustard.
bring to a boil and then reduce heat. simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
grill hot dogs until heated through.
toast the buns on the grill, if desired.
place the hot dogs in the buns and top with the chili and chopped onions.