i love mexican food and any chance i get to make it i do. i found this recipe in my mother’s Taste of Home magazine. it was yummy but i think the next time i make it i will season the chicken with a taco or fajita seasoning mix.
chicken enchilada bake
- 4 1/2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (28 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 1 1/4 cups (10 ounces) sour cream
- 9 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded monterey jack cheese
cut tortillas into 1 to 1 1/12 inch strips.
in a greased 13-in x 9-in baking dish layer half of the chicken, enchilada sauce, sour cream, tortillas and cheese. repeat layer.
cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes. uncover and bake 10 minutes or until bubbly. let sit for 15 minutes. serve and enjoy!